Welcome!

                                   Welcome!


Hi all!

this is the first of many posts on my blog, which is going to concentrate on the politics of water on the African continent.
I chose this concentration because, although I still know very little on water and politics in Africa, when I think about it, many exciting and challenging concepts and facts come to my mind, like, China's role in Africa, neoliberalism, neocolonialism, gender issues, food security, democracy or lack thereof, water diplomacy, urban resilience, and so on.


Credits: Maja Nikova on Pinterest

From the extensive research I am going to conduct for this blog, I expect to draw much more detailed, precise information and to get an overall idea of what politics involves for water in terms of access, distribution and utilisation/sanitation, as well as what water involves for politics in terms of diplomacy, the empowerment of the people, socioeconomic inequalities, climate change issues, etc. I can't wait to start and to hear what you think!

The theme picture is a painting by Nairobian artist Bernard Ndichu Njuguna. You can find more of his artworks from there and there!

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés